RingGo Resident Visitor Permits are a digital, paperless alternative way to pay for parking. Parking sessions with RingGo are virtual, so there is no need to display anything in your vehicle. Once your Resident Visitor Permit (RVP) application has been authorised, you can purchase visitor parking sessions with RingGo in one of three ways:
- Mobile Apps
- You must have downloaded the RingGo app to your mobile phone and have a registered account with RingGo.
- Under the 'Book Now' option on the homepage, select the option to purchase a session using your Resident Visitor Permit.
- Complete the on-screen booking form through to payment notification.
- Access myRingGo and click 'Login' in the upper right-hand side of the screen, and then click 'Personal'.
- Log in using your registered mobile (or landline) telephone number and PIN or password combination. If you do not know your RingGo PIN or Password, you can retrieve it using the relevant recovery tool. Please ensure you check your Junk/Spam mailbox for delivery of any reminder.
- Click 'Permits' and then click the 'Portsmouth City Council' button.
- On the 'My Permit Applications for Portsmouth City Council' screen, select the permit application you wish to use and click the green 'money' icon under the 'Purchase' column in that row.
- Your location will be preset based on your home address.
- Select your vehicle, or click 'Add a vehicle' to add a new one.
- Choose the duration of the session from the drop-down box. Tick the boxes next to those text options you wish to receive, and click 'Next'.
On the following screen, select the payment card you wish to use to pay for your parking session, or tick 'Add a new payment card' to add a new card: you will then need to supply the details of the card. Click 'Next'.
The following screen will give you a summary of the parking session. If you are happy with these details, click 'Pay'.
- Click 'Finish' to complete the process and return to the home page.
- Enter the three digit CV2 (security) code from the back of your payment card and click 'Pay'.
Call the Permit Booking Line on 0843 209 0088 (must call from a registered phone number). Calls cost 5ppm plus your phone company's access charge. Listen to the voice prompts and input the information as requested. All sessions will begin immediately from the time payment is made.