Skip to content

Visitor Household Permit Information

If you live within a controlled parking zone, you can purchase a visitor household permit. It is a paper permit that can be displayed in any vehicle and allows that vehicle to park in a resident parking bay or shared use bay within the named CPZ shown on the permit. Once a permit application has been approved the permit will be valid for 24 months and it will enable you to purchase permit parking sessions for 3, 6 or 12 month lengths.

If you live in a car free development, you will not be able to buy a resident permit or visitor permits.

This is a physical permit. It will be posted out once payment has been received. Visitors must display the physical permit at all times in their parked vehicle.

How to apply

Applying for a permit online is a quick and easy three-stage process:

  1. Register or login to your RingGo account
  2. Complete the permit application form
  3. Once your application has been approved, you can purchase your permit(s).


  • 3 months - £100
  • 6 months - £151
  • 12 months - £251

Before you begin

To apply for this permit, you will need to supply:

- Proof of residency dated within the last 3 months (This should be a bank statement, gas, electricity, water or telephone bill, council tax bill or driving licence)

Photographs of any documentation will be accepted.


This permit is not valid on vehicles with an unladen weight of more than 3.5 tonnes (the weight when it is not carrying any passengers, goods or other items). If a permit is issued to a vehicle that is heavier than 3.5 tonnes, it will not be valid and you may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.